Admissions & Procedures
- Complete the Application.
- Send us a transcript of your final high school or HSED (formerly known as GED) along with any other college you've attended.
- Apply for financial aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA helps determine your eligibility for Pell grants, SEOG, state grants, college work-study programs and student loans.
- Complete placement testing (ACCUPLACER/ALEKS) or provide ACT scores that have been taken within the last two years. Students must also complete a Writeplacer writing sample. Need to complete placement requirements? Click here to learn how.
- Complete the online orientation session before the start of your first semester.
Once you've gone through these steps, you'll be ready to register.
There are three ways you may choose to register. It is recommended that first-time students register in-person with one of our Enrollment Specialists.
- Online via your student Hawknet page (view log-in instructions if you need help)
- In person with an Enrollment Specialist
- Via e-mail with an Enrollment Specialist
Learn how to become a student.
See what our grads have to say about SCC.
Where will my degree take me?
Will I like what I do?
What are my job prospects?